The MDS 3.0 process for skilled nursing facilities has proven to become on of the most dynamic and critical component to the long-term facility success
in reporting quality of care and maximizing reimbursement. Each workshop training session allows the participant to practice and learn actual case scenarios to effective learn to function utilizing this knowledge. MDS Training Institute has built a reputation for novice learners gaining the knowledge to assist their employers to success.
This course is designed to train new and existing participants on the total MDS 3.0 process
We pride ourselves on knowing that our participants actually learn to understand how to complete the MDS 3.0 process at the end of our classes!
Note: Participants are not required to be nurses to enroll and learn about the MDS 3.0. (The actual position of a MDS
Coordinator is typically a nurse)
2 courses modules for certification total 7 sessions of instructor led training
MDS 101- Basic MDS 3.0 Essentials
4 day live or virtual workshop training
- Intro to MDS 3.0
- Practicing Scheduling MDS 3.0
- Understanding importance of reference dates
- Determining Significant Change Guidelines for Residents
- Review and Practice of the MDS 3.0 form
- Exam I Review
MDS 102- Mastering Medicare Part A for Skilled Nursing Facilities
required one day a week virtual class, 3 weeks
- Medicare Basics
- Review and Practice Medicare Part A Assessment Scheduling
- Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs)
- Other Medicare Required Assessments (OMRAs)
- Exam II Review
Best Training for Beginners!
- Learning the MDS process is not easy. There are over 1300 pages of rules and regulations to understand for success. Practicing what you learn is the best teacher! We put you practice from the first day!
- In the current climate of healthcare, skilled nursing facilities can not afford to entertain team members that lack efficient knowledge of MDS 3.0
- Continued support, which is especially helpful in initial implementation of MDS practices
- Career management support for MDS professionals to ensure success following program completion
- Recorded audios available if needed during the program for reinforcement of learning
- Classes taught by MDS professional to share tips and tricks for clinical and reimbursement success of the entire IDT
- Upon successfully completing our program, learners may join a virtual review course to assist with new role
Accreditation: This course meets the standard requirements for full accreditation with the American Nurse Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) Contact Hours awarded = 17 for nurses. The certification last for 2 years.
Please note: This course is also great for non nurses seeking MDS 3.0 knowledge. (DON, ADON, Administrators, Social Workers, Rehab Departments, Activities, Dietary, CEO, Physicians, Manage Care etc.)
What to expect upon registration?
- Whether you are joining at a live workshop site or at home/work on a live virtual class
- Hard copy of books & materials are shipped to your home/work that are utilized to begin MDS 3.0 functions in the skilled facility
- Prepare for a new career or enhance your existing career!
- Expect to actually learn to assume the role of a MDS professional or understand principles of this dynamic role
- To continue training until you understand!
- Personalized attention in the learning process
(which includes books & materials, sample resume, exams and more importantly, a great comprehensive training!)
MDS 3.0 Coordinator Certificate Program
7 sessions total
(4 Days in classroom plus one day a week 3 weeks virtual)
- 2 exams required for certification
- 1st exam due one week from last day of 4 day training
- 2nd exam due after 3 week virtual course
- all exams are taken electronically at home/work anytime within the due
- December 17-20, 2018 Live Virtual Class 10am-2pm
- December 17-20, 2018 Oakbrook, IL 10am-2pm
NEW TO MDS?
Consider attending classes one day a week.
Click Below for more info: