This course is designed to provide participants with the roles and functions of restorative nursing in skilled nursing facilities. The concept of restorative nursing focuses on optimal improvement of the residents physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being
A certified restorative professional can assist with resident outcomes, maximizing reimbursement rates, and prepare for regulatory surveys. This 60 hour course will prepare the participant with knowledge necessary to implement, manage, and evaluate restorative programming.
Successful completion requirements including passing post test with 80%.
Two attempts are awarded to achieve passing score.
- Overview of restorative programming
- Restorative care delivery systems
- Completion of MDS 3.0 Restorative Nurse Sections
- CMI Meeting Requirements
- Restorative RUG IV Codes
- Restorative & PDPM October 2019
- Section GG Review
- Revamping Restorative Programs
- Documentation requirements
- Job Descriptions
Restorative Nurse Certificate Program
Live Virtual Classes
- June 25-August 8, 2019 (Tues & Thurs 6-8:30pm cst) Live Virtual**
- July 16-Sept 9, 2019 (Tues & Thurs 6-8:30pm cst ) Live Virtual**
- Sept 24- Nov 14, 2019 (Tues & Thurs 6-8:30pm cst) Live Virtual**
- Nov 19 – Jan 16, 2019 (Tues & Thurs 6-8:30pm cst) Live Virtual**
In Classroom Sessions
- June 17-21, 2019( Mon-Friday 9am-4pm) Glenview, IL & (Weds June 26, July 3, 10, virtual 5:30-7pm)
- July 29-Aug 2, 2019 (Mon-Friday 9am-4pm) Glenview, IL & (Weds Aug 7,14, 21 virtual 5:30-7pm)
** Live Virtual/Blended Course will have video lessons in addition to scheduled meeting times for a total of 60 hours of coursework.
Self Paced course – 8 Module Video course
- Designed for busy clinicians unable to meet scheduling requirements
- Recorded course in same format as live sessions
- One final exam with passing of 80% required (two attempts)
- Hard copy of books and materials shipped to personal address or facility (please specify if shipping to facility)
- Up to 60 days to complete program requirements (May complete when all requirements are met) 60 hours coursework
$1099.00 which includes books and materials. Payment Plans are available: NO ADMITTANCE ALLOWED WITHOUT BALANCE PAID * Final payment due before the start of class.
To pay by check: All checks should be made payable to MDS Training Institute and sent to 5700
Tennyson Parkway Suite 350 Plano, TX 75024 prior to the start of class
This continuing nursing education was approved by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Disclosure: To receive 60 contact hours, participants must complete all of the hours listed in the live or virtual classroom. No partial credits will be allowed. (All planners and presenters have no conflict of interest to report for this course)
Contact hours awarded: 60