This course is designed to provide participants with the roles and functions of restorative nursing in skilled nursing facilities. The concept of restorative nursing focuses on optimal improvement of the residents physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being.
Restorative nursing refers to nursing interventions that promote the residents ability to attain maximal functional potential.
A certified restorative professional can assist with resident outcomes, maximizing reimbursement rates, and prepare for regulatory surveys.
This 60 hour course will prepare the participant with knowledge necessary to implement, manage, and evaluate restorative programming.
Successful completion requirements including passing post test with 80%.
Two attempts are awarded to achieve passing score.
- Overview of restorative programming
- Restorative care delivery systems
- Completion of MDS 3.0 Restorative Nurse Sections
- Documentation requirements
- Job Descriptions
Restorative Nurse Certificate Program
- (Option 1) April 30-May 4, 2018( Mon-Friday)
- 8:30am-4pm 2700 Patriot Blv Suite 500 Glenview, IL and Weds May 9, 16, 23 5:30-8:00pm CST (Virtual)
- (Option 2) April 19-July 17, 2018 Thursdays
- 8 Week Virtual
- (Option 1) May 21-25, 2018 ( Mon-Friday)
- 8:30am-4pm 2700 Patriot Blv. Suite 500 Glenview, IL and Weds May 30, June 6, 13 5:30-8:00pm CST (Virtual)
- (Option 1) June 25-29, 2018 (Mon-Friday)
- 8:30am-4pm 2700 Patriot Blv. Suite 500 Glenview, IL and Weds July 11, 18, 25 5:30-8:00pm CST (Virtual)
- (Option 2) June 21 – August 9, 2018 Thursdays
- 8 Week Virtual
To pay by check: All checks should be made payable to MDS Training Institute and sent to 15255 S. 94th Ave Suite 500 Orland Park, IL 60462 prior to the start of class
This continuing nursing education was approved by the Midwest Multistate Division, an accredited approver by the American Nurse Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Disclosure: To receive 60 contact hours, participants must complete all of the hours listed in the live or virtual classroom. No partial credits will be allowed. (All planners and presenters have no conflict of interest to report for this course)
Contact hours awarded: 60