This course is designed to train new and existing participants on the total MDS 3.0 process. The MDS 3.0 process for skilled nursing facilities has proven to become on of the most dynamic and critical component to the long-term facility success in reporting quality of care and maximizing reimbursement. Each workshop training session allows the participant to practice and learn actual case scenarios to effective learn to function utilizing this knowledge. MDS Training Institute has built a reputation for novice learners gaining the knowledge to assist their employers to success.
We pride ourselves on knowing that our participants actually learn to understand how to complete the MDS 3.0 process at the end of our classes!
2 courses modules for certification total 4-5 weeks of instructor led training
MDS 101- Basic MDS 3.0 Essentials (4 day live virtual workshop training)
- Intro to MDS 3.0
- Practicing Scheduling MDS 3.0
- Understanding importance of reference dates
- Determining Significant Change Guidelines for Residents
- Review and Practice of the MDS 3.0 form
- Exam I Review
MDS 102- Mastering Medicare Part A for skilled facilities (required one day a week virtual class- 3 weeks)
- Medicare Basics
- Review and Practice Medicare Part A Assessment Scheduling
- Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs)
- Other Medicare Required Assessments (OMRAs)
- Exam II Review
Best Training for Beginners!
- Learning the MDS process is not easy. There are over 1300 pages of rules and regulations to understand for success. Practicing what you learn is the best teacher! We put you practice from the first day!
- With the current climate of healthcare, skilled nursing facilities can not afford to entertain team members that lack efficient knowledge of MDS 3.0
- Continued support, which is especially helpful in initial implementation of MDS practices
- Career management support for MDS professionals to ensure success following program completion
- Recorded audios available if needed during the program for reinforcement of learning
- Classes taught by MDS professional to share tips and tricks for clinical and reimbursement success of the entire IDT
- Upon successfully completing our program, learners may join a virtual review course to assist with new role
This course meets the standard requirements for full accreditation with the American Nurse Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) for 17 contact hours for nurses. The certification last for 2 years.
What to expect upon registration?
- Whether you are joining at a live workshop site or at home/work on a live virtual class
- Actual hard copy of books & materials are shipped to your home/work that are utilized to begin MDS 3.0 functions in the skilled facility
- Email login and access codes to scheduled class
- Class can be attended by PC, Tablet, Smart Phone, or by telephone audio only
- No Webcam is required
- Your computer may have built in speakers for audio or call in number provided
- Role call is taken with each class to ensure you are able to participate
- Small, personalized class sessions
- Prepare for a new career or enhance your existing career!
- Expect to actually learn to assume the role of a MDS professional or understand principles of this dynamic role
- To continue training until you understand!
(which includes books & materials, sample resume, exams and more importantly, a great comprehensive training!)Virtual classes allow participants access to a course from a home or office setting. Each participant is required to have a valid email and online access on exam nights. Students can choose to participate via computer or by telephone. Each class is live and student participation is highly encouraged.
(PLEASE NOTE PARTICIPANTS NEW TO THE MDS FIELD MAY NEED ADDITIONAL TRAINING AFTER THE ACCELERATED 4 DAY PROGRAM) No problem! we will offer all participants free complimentary admittance to more live sessions already in session. This is especially helpful for developing a stronger foundation to adequately service your facility.
We also offer ongoing support for your first year for questions, or return to one of our classes as a refresher student for 150.00! if needed. (The 150.00 refresher student pricing is valid for one year following initial certification.)
MDS 3.0 Coordinator Certificate Program
January 8-11, 2018 1oam-2pm CST (Mon- Thurs)**
January 22-25, 2018 10am-2pm CST (Mon-Thurs)**
February 5-8 2018 10am-2pm CST (Mon-Thurs)**
February 19-22, 218 10am-2pm CST (Mon-Thurs)**
March 5-8, 2018 10am-2pm CST (Mon-Thurs)**
March 19-22, 2018 10am-2pm CST (Mon-Thur)**
**Second class (Mastering Medicare Part A) meets one day a week virtually for 3 weeks will be required after completion of a 4 day live class, schedules listed on registration page*
Virtual 7 Week Program
- Sat – Jan 13 – Feb 24, 2018 (10:30am-1:00pm) CST
- Mon – Jan 15 – Feb 26, 2018 (5:30pm-7pm) CST
- Tue – Jan 30 – March 13, 2018 (10:00am-12:30pm) CST
- Sat- Feb 17 – March 31, 2018 (8-10:30am) CST
- Mon – Feb 19 – April 2, 2018 (7-8:30pm) CST
- Sat – March 10 – April 21, 2018 (10:30am-1pm) CST
- Mon – March 19 – April 30, 2018 (5:30pm-7:30pm) CST
- Tue – March 20 – May 1, 2018 (10:00am-12:30pm) CST