MDS Coordinator Certificate Program – RAI-CT
The MDS 3.0 process for skilled nursing facilities has proven to become on of the most dynamic and critical component to the long-term facility successin reporting quality of care and maximizing reimbursement. Each workshop training session allows the participant to practice and learn actual case scenarios to effective learn to function utilizing this knowledge. MDS Training Institute has built a reputation for novice learners gaining the knowledge to assist their employers to success.
This course is designed to train new and existing participants on the total MDS 3.0 process
We pride ourselves on knowing that our participants actually learn to understand how to complete the MDS 3.0 process at the end of our classes!
Note: Participants are not required to be nurses to enroll and learn about the MDS 3.0. (The actual position of a MDS Coordinator is typically a nurse)
2 courses modules for certification total 8 sessions of instructor led training
2 exams required 80% passing – program has high focus on small group hands-on learning
(4 Days in classroom plus one day a week 3 weeks virtual)
2 exams required for certification
1st exam due one week from last day of 4 day training
2nd exam due after 3 week virtual course
all exams are taken electronically
MDS 101- Basic MDS 3.0 Essentials
4 day live or virtual workshop training
- Intro to MDS 3.0
- Practicing Scheduling MDS 3.0
- Understanding importance of reference dates
- Determining Significant Change Guidelines for Residents
- Review and Practice of the MDS 3.0 form
- Exam I Review
MDS 102- Mastering Medicare Part A for Skilled Nursing Facilities
One day a week virtual class – 3 weeks
- Medicare Basics
- Review and Practice Medicare Part A Assessment Scheduling
- PDPM Payment Model
- Resource Utilization Groups (RUGs)
- Other Medicare Required Assessments (OMRAs)
- Exam II Review
Learning the MDS process is not easy. There are over 1300 pages of rules and regulations to understand for success.
Practicing what you learn is the best teacher! We put you practice from the first day!
In the current climate of healthcare, skilled nursing facilities can not afford to entertain team members that lack efficient knowledge of MDS 3.0
- Continued support, which is especially helpful in initial implementation of MDS practices
- Career management support for MDS professionals to ensure success following program completion
- Recorded audios available if needed during the program for reinforcement of learning
- Classes taught by MDS professional to share tips and tricks for clinical and reimbursement success of the entire IDT
- Upon successfully completing our program, learners may join a virtual review course to assist with new role
Please note: This course is also great for non nurses seeking MDS 3.0 knowledge. (DON, ADON, Administrators, Social Workers, Rehab Departments, Activities, Dietary, CEO, Physicians, Managed Care etc.)
Accreditation: This course meets the standard requirements for full accreditation with the American Nurse Credentialing Center Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) Contact Hours awarded = 20 for nurses. The certification last for 2 years.
Live Virtual Training Schedule (meets one day a week or mon-thurs – instructor led)
- June 15 – Aug 3, 2020 7:00 – 8:30pm CST (Mon)
- June 20 – Aug 15, 2020 10:00am – 1:00pm CST (Sat)
- (Accelerated Mon – Thurs) June 15 – 18, 2020 10:00am – 2:00pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues June 23 – Jul 1, 7:00 – 8:30pm CST
- July 13 – Aug 31, 2020 5:30 – 7:00pm cst (Mon)
- (Accelerated Mon – Thurs) July 13 – 16, 2020 10:00am – 2:00pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues Aug 4 – 18, 7:00 – 8:30pm CST
** Please note each accelerate class also meets on Tuesday night for 3 weeks on the following week of training 7:00 – 8:30pm cst
**Second class (Mastering Medicare Part A) meets one day a week virtually for 3 weeks will be required after completion of a 4 day live class, schedules listed on registration page*
Self paced online Instructional Video Course
(8 instructional videos plus two exams)
Excellent for busy Clinician who are unable to meet the schedule requirements of the traditional program. Recommend one to two videos to watch per week. Practice Sessions and software review provided in trainings. Please Register Here
NEW TO MDS?
Consider attending classes one day a week.
Click Below for more info:
What to expect upon registration?
Whether you are joining at a live workshop site or at home/work on a live virtual class
Hard copy of books & materials are shipped to your home/work that are utilized to begin MDS 3.0 functions in the skilled facility
Prepare for a new career or enhance your existing career!
Expect to actually learn to assume the role of a MDS professional or understand principles of this dynamic role
To continue training until you understand!
Personalized attention in the learning process
(which includes books & materials, sample resume, exams and more importantly, a great comprehensive training!)
Payment Plans also available: 1st Payment $375.00 plus $25.00 payment plan fee = $400.00 2nd Payment $375.00 plus $25.00 payment plan fee = $400.00 Final payment due before the start of class.
Live Virtual Classes