This course is designed to provide participants with the roles and functions of restorative nurse aid in skilled nursing facilities. The concept of restorative nursing focuses on optimal improvement of the residents physical, mental, and psycho-social well-being.
Learn Restorative Nursing Concepts
This course is designed to assist nursing assistants acquire fundamental restorative nursing concepts and skills for long-term care and skilled nursing facilities. It also is ideal for facility managers looking to provide consistent, flexible, and personalized core training to their nursing assistant staff, as well as individual nursing assistants seeking to develop a foundation in restorative nursing practice.
The Restorative Nurse Aid Certificate Program (RNA), Restorative Nurse Certificate Program (RNP) courses are designed to help CNA’s, RA’s, LVN’s and RN’s new skills or gain confidence in their existing skills. Students will learn to care for residents who have completed a therapy program or who benefit from participation in a restorative program. The Restorative Nursing Aide Course is designed for entry-level to experienced CNA’s currently working in a skilled nursing setting.
Course Hours and Content:
Participants will learn how to assist patients to reach their maximum mobility potential, range of motion, strengthening exercise, ambulating, and transferring techniques, activities for daily living, restorative feeding programs, and documentation.
Course in Restorative Nurse Assistant covers (16) hours of theory and other practical applications of restorative techniques in the following information:
- Overview of Restorative Nursing Programs
- Medical Terminology
- Define the role of restorative nursing services in the skilled nursing setting.
- Define the role of the Restorative Aide
- Describe the implementation of various restorative programs.
- Demonstrate correct posture and body mechanics when mobilizing patients.
- Demonstrate proper positioning seating, ROM exercises & gait assistance.
- Demonstrate proper transfer techniques & proper transfer techniques.
- Demonstrate ADL skills.
- Documentation requirements
Restorative Nursing Assistants can seek employment in nursing homes, assisted living communities and long-term care facilities.
- Self-Paced – (Start anytime)
- Or Live Virtual
- Jan 20 & 21, 2024 10am-4pm cst
- Cost: 299.00
- Register Here
To register by check:
All checks should be made payable to:
MDS Training Institute
7300 State Highway 121 Suite 300
McKinney, Texas 7507