This course is designed to train new and existing participants on the total MDS 3.0 process. The MDS 3.0 process for skilled nursing facilities has proven to become one of the most dynamic and critical components to the long-term facility success in reporting quality of care and maximizing reimbursement.
Each live workshop training session allows the participant to practice and learn actual case scenarios to effectively learn to function utilizing this knowledge. MDS Training Institute has built a reputation for novice learners gaining the knowledge to assist their employers to succeed.
(Both Required for certification)
MDS 101- Basic MDS 3.0 Essentials
- Intro to MDS 3.0
- Practicing Scheduling MDS 3.0
- Understanding the importance of reference dates
- Determining Significant Change Guidelines for Residents
- Review and Practice of the MDS 3.0 form
- MDS 3.0 Section A-F
- MDS 3.0 Section G-Z
- Review of Medicaid CMI management
- Exam I Review
MDS 102- Mastering Medicare Part A & PDPM
- Medicare Basics
- Review and Practice Medicare Part A Assessment Scheduling
- Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- IPA Management
- ICD-10 for MDS 3.0 Mapping
- Section GG for reimbursement
- Exam II Review
The Learning Process
This comprehensive training is great for beginners and experienced seeking certification. We offer courses once a week for a total of eight sessions or an accelerated 4-week program. In each session, participants will interact verbally with the instructors and other students.
MDS Training Institute places a high emphasis to focus on examples, questions and answers, practicing to build adequate knowledge and confidence. Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF) are counting on you to be the expert!
We have found that it is necessary for beginners to spend more time practicing, through interaction and guidance by one of our experienced MDS professionals. Discussions will be needed. Practicing will be vital.
- Our experienced trainers are seasoned MDS and Clinical Reimbursement Specialists eager to show you step by step.
- Upon registering we will send you a hard copy of books and material that you will also need as a guide as you implement your knowledge in your current or future role in the SNF.
Schedules – Live Virtual
- April 19 – June 14, 2021 5:30-7:00pm cst (Mon)
- April 17 – June 5, 2021 9:00am-10:30am cst (Sat)
- (Accelerated Mon-Thurs) April 19-22, 2021 10:00 am- 2:00 pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues May 4, 11, 18 7:00 pm-8:30 pm cst
- May 8 – July 3, 2021 10:30 am – 12:30 pm cst (Sat)
- May 17 – July 12, 2021 7:00pm-8:30pm cst (Mon)
- (Accelerated Mon-Thurs) May 10-13, 2021 10:00 am-2:00 pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues May 25, June 2, 5, 2021 7:00 -8:30 pm cst
- June 21 – Aug 9, 2021 5:30pm-7pm cst (Mon)
- June 26 – Aug 14, 2021 10:30-12pm cst (Sat)
- (Accelerated Mon-Thurs) June 14-17, 2021 10:00 am-2:00 pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues June 29, July 6, 13, 2021 7:00 -8:30 pm cst
Cost: 750.00 (includes books, materials, exams)
(2 exams required for certification with 80% pass rate)
Self paced online Instructional Video Course
(8 instructional videos plus two exams)
Excellent for busy Clinician who are unable to meet the schedule requirements of the traditional program. Recommend one to two videos to watch per week. Practice Sessions and software review provided in training.
MDS 3.0 Certificate Program – Accelerated
**Second class (Mastering Medicare Part A) meets one day a week virtually for 3 weeks will be required after completion of a 4 day live class, schedules listed on registration page
More Courses You Might Like
Medicare PDPM & Documentation
Learn MDS 3.0 for Skill Nursing Regulatory Requirements (Coming Soon!)
Restorative Nurse Aid Program
This training is essential for all staff and CNA’s involved with Restorative Nursing programs.