This course is designed to train new and existing participants on the total MDS 3.0 process. The MDS 3.0 process for skilled nursing facilities has proven to become on of the most dynamic and critical component to the long-term facility success in reporting quality of care and maximizing reimbursement.
Each live workshop training session allows the participant to practice and learn actual case scenarios to effective learn to function utilizing this knowledge. MDS Training Institute has built a reputation for novice learners gaining the knowledge to assist their employers to success.
(Both Required for certification)
MDS 101- Basic MDS 3.0 Essentials
- Intro to MDS 3.0
- Practicing Scheduling MDS 3.0
- Understanding importance of reference dates
- Determining Significant Change Guidelines for Residents
- Review and Practice of the MDS 3.0 form
- MDS 3.0 Section A-F
- MDS 3.0 Section G-Z
- Review of Medicaid CMI management
- Exam I Review
MDS 102- Mastering Medicare Part A & PDPM
- Medicare Basics
- Review and Practice Medicare Part A Assessment Scheduling
- Patient Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- IPA Management
- ICD-10 for MDS 3.0 Mapping
- Section GG for reimbursement
- Exam II Review
The Learning Process
This comprehensive training is great for beginners and the experienced seeking certification. We offer 8 sessions one day a week or accelerated. In each session participants will interact verbally with the instructors and other students.
We highly focus on examples, questions, and answers, practicing to build adequate knowledge and confidence. SNF facilities are counting on you to be the expert!
We start from ground zero. Learning over 1300 pages of rules and regulations is never easy. We have found that beginners, will need more time and practice. More interaction and guidance will be necessary. Discussions will be needed. Practicing will be vital.
- Our experienced trainers are seasoned MDS and Clinical Reimbursement Specialist eager to show you step by step.
- Upon registering we will send you a hard copy of books and material that you will also need as a guide as you implement your knowledge in you current or future role in the SNF
Schedules – Live Virtual
- Nov 21-Jan 16, 2020 8:00am-10:30am CST (Sat)
- Dec 7-Jan 25, 2020 5:30pm-7:00pm CST (Mon)
- Dec 19-Feb 6, 2020 10:30am-1:00pm CST (Sat)
- (Accelerated Mon-Thurs) Dec 14-17, 2020 10:00am- 2:00pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues Dec 22 & Dec 29, Jan 5, 2020 7:00pm-8:30pm CST
- Jan 18-Mar 8, 2021 7:00pm-8:30pm CST (Mon)
- Jan 23-Mar 13, 2021 8:00am-10:30pm CST (Sat)
- (Accelerated Mon-Thurs) Jan 18-21, 2021 10:00am- 2:00pm & (PDPM/Medicare) Tues Jan 26 & Feb 2, Feb 9, 2020 7:00pm-8:30pm CST
Cost: 750.00 (includes books, materials, exams)
(2 exams required for certification with 80% pass rate)
Self paced online Instructional Video Course
(8 instructional videos plus two exams)
Excellent for busy Clinician who are unable to meet the schedule requirements of the traditional program. Recommend one to two videos to watch per week. Practice Sessions and software review provided in training. Please Register Here
MDS 3.0 Certificate Program – Accelerated
**Second class (Mastering Medicare Part A) meets one day a week virtually for 3 weeks will be required after completion of a 4 day live class, schedules listed on registration page
More Courses You Might Like
Restorative Nurse Aid Program
This training is essential for all staff and CNA’s involved with Restorative Nursing programs.